Every year, we are always looking for award presenters!
Would you like to present an award at this year's ceremony?
We give priority to presenters according to the following criteria:
- Award recipients from the previous year, including producers and stage
managers of awarded shows. (If you received an award last year, then you are
automatically eligible to present, but please complete this form so that we
know how to contact you)
- Former Award Recipients or Nominees from companies that received few
nominations in the current year (we try to make sure that every company is
represented on stage. However, it should be noted that with 28
categories and more than 28 theater companies in WATCH, clearly we cannot
accommodate a presenter from every group).
- Multi-Theater Past Nominees/Award Recipients - If your resume' includes
WATCH nominations/awards and recent work at multiple WATCH Theaters
(including groups with fewer nominations).
- Nominees from the previous year. (this includes producers and stage
managers of nominated shows)
- Past Award Recipients and Nominees prior to the previous year. (NOTE:
Please understand that if you are a former nominee or past award recipient
from a company that received a large number of nominations this year, we may
opt to ask a presenter from the Theater VIPs list to help balance the
representation from across the WATCH program).
- Theater VIPs/Board Members
- Current Nominees - after nominations, we already know who will be
receiving awards. Current nominees, with the exception of award
recipients from last year, are often not asked to be presenters, since they
may be giving an acceptance speech during the evening.
A Couple Notes About Presenting:
- You may submit this form at any time during the year, but we do not
start contacting presenters until after nominations are announced in
- You do not get to choose the category in which you will present, and we
do not allow presenters to present trophies in the categories in which they
compete. (For instance Costume Designers do not present the costume
design award, and actors are always asked to present awards to actresses).
- Presenters are asked to be at the ceremony 30 minutes ahead of curtain
time so that they can receive their assignments/instruction at a short
meeting in the lobby.
- Presenters are encouraged to help us keep the whole evening moving by
being ready to go on stage promptly and to not make long introductions to
- Presenters must purchase a ticket to the ceremony like everyone else.
If you would like to add your name to the pool of possible presenters,
THE FORM BELOW IS NOT WORKING!! INSTEAD, PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO WEBMASTER@WASHINGTONTHEATER.ORG WITH THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW!