Throughout ALL categories, each element should:
- Serve the story being told
- Be appropriate to the piece and the presenting space (in context of director’s vision)
- Be of consistent quality throughout the piece
Please note: Adjudicator’s personal likes/dislikes should not affect scores.
Adjudicators are encouraged to familiarize themselves with pieces that are new to them.
38 Awards for Outstanding Achievement in the following categories:
PERFORMANCE (10 awards):
|Lead Actor in a Play||Lead Actor in a Musical|
|Lead Actress in a Play||Lead Actress in a Musical|
|Featured Actor in a Play||Featured Actor in a Musical|
|Featured Actress in a Play||Featured Actress in a Musical|
|Cameo Performance in a Play||Cameo Performace in a Musical|
Elements to consider:
- Character serves the story and is believable – choices are clear, appropriate and consistent.
- Maintains focus throughout.
- Projection, dictation, dialect (if applicable) are appropriate.
- Movement, physicality appropriate and consistent for development of character.
- Additional consideration of musical performances: vocal/dance abilities consistent and appropriate to the character. Able to maintain focus and character through musical and/or dance numbers as appropriate to the story.